Bleach Exile Forums

Don Kanonji's Studio Anything to do with the Bleach anime series can be posted here. NO SPOILERS from the manga and NO DUB Anime discussion.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Jammy64
Civillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkbonds View Post
I disagree.

I think the single episode fillers that served no purpose, which were essentially jokes, were crappy and disappointing.

However, the filler arcs were actually very good to excellent. They helped developed the characters, showed us more about the Bleach world, and provided interesting philosophical and ethical views.

Filler arcs are like branches off the main story which fill us with more information about the Bleach world.

There are many areas of Bleach that can be explored, which we may never see. For example, how did Ichigo's parents meet? What is the story behind them? What is the story behind the soul king? etc.

The filler arcs would be like other authors writing about the further adventures of characters in the Star Trek World. There are tons of books by other authors.

The anime producers could work in conjunction with Tito Kubo to flesh out other Bleach filler arcs too keep Bleach going outside of the main trunk on which Kubo is currently working the final arc.
In comparison to Canon arcs, I find fillers to be extremely tedious and at times just plain annoying. The random new captain arc in the middle of Hueco Mundo storyline was bloody frustrating. I honestly could not have cared less about what was going on, but the fact that the entered the new arc at a pivotal moment in the middle of the final fight between Ichigo and Grimmjow was infuriating..

Filler arcs show us meaningless background stories which, if were of any importance, would have been in the manga itself. Your ideas for filler arcs are all fine and interesting, but they would never come to fruition because they would have a serious impact on the manga, storylines of such importance would heavily need imput from Tite Kubo. Fillers are just used as a means to allow the manga to move further ahead, not to provide us with ACTUAL IMPORTANT information about the Bleach world.
Jammy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Hentai_Bad_Guy
PAIN PACKER!!!
Ajuukaru

Hentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHentai_Bad_Guy has a reputation beyond repute

If it they were about other characters as the main story line that would be fine but no they had cut off from the main story THREE TIMES, to tell us lame ass stories and now they have three little retarded Kon wannabes running around in the series now.

thank you InfamousDJEZ

6th Div. - 13th seat, and 3rd Lvl Commander
7th Div. - 7th seat
13th Div. - Arch Duke, and Magister Officiorum
Back in the oldin days I was known
as The Desolate One, Grimace

My Zanpakuto- Akuma no Tatchi
Spoiler:

Release Command: Makari deruto sorera ni jigoku no tatchi o ataeru- Come forth and give them a touch of hell

The Spirit of Akuma no Tatchi
Spoiler:

Inner world
Spoiler:
The sky has a red glow to it with no sun or clouds in sight. The air has an eery chill to it; almost making me not want to breathe. The landscape is an open flat area surrounded by narrow,and jagged looking mountains with no way to climb or even see over. In the center is a massive throne where I can usually find Akuma no Tatchi sitting.

Sealed
Spoiler:

Standard Katana Length- 42in.
The wrapping is maroon with 2 tassels hanging on the top side of the handle. The tsuba (Pommel) is a made of silver and an odd black colored metal. On top of the black metal is a yellow jewel. The guard is rectangular and has two images of a demon's right hand. The sheath is also a maroon color and has a steel cap on the end that is angled and sharpened. The blade is made out of the same black metal used in the pommel.

Shikai
Spoiler:

Handle length-12in.
Blade length- 42in.
The wrapping on the handle is maroon, and has the same tassels hanging on the handle. The tsuba is longer and has more of the black metal spread out with silver inlays around it and has a large round yellow jewel on top. The hand guard is still rectangular but has 2 points that stick out on the top and bottom sides. The points have somewhat of an edge. The blade resembles the blade of a scythe and is made out of the black metal.

Attacks
Spoiler:
Namakemono no Tatchi-Touch of Sloth
the Touch of Sloth concentrates reiryoku to the very tip of the blade. When the blade connects with an opponent's arm or leg, that part begins to move a lot slower than it normally would. If my Zan touches an opponent in the torso area the Touch of Sloth will randomly attack a limb of it's choosing. The effects of the Touch of Sloth last for around 15 minutes. After striking a limb more than once, the time which it lasts will decrease by 1 minute after every strike to the opponent.

Ikari no Tatchi-Touch of Wrath
The Touch of Wrath concentrates reiryoku along the edge of the blade and when it connects with target, it releases the energy as a small explosion that damages the limb it made contact with. The explosion is enough to knock the opponent off balance. It will not destroy the limb, but will do damage. It could be compared to the damage done by a Bala. The blade has to connect with the target or the attack won't work

Yokubo No Tatchi-Touch of Lust
The Touch of Lust creates an Heated energy shield that will hold off the force of the full force of an energy based attack from a shikai level zanpakuto. It will block Ice based attacks but is useless against fire based attacks both at shikai level.

Bankai
Aku mao no Tatchi- The Devil King's Touch

When my Bankai is activated a faint laugh can be heard coming from my Zan as I let go of the handle. It begins to levitate then with a burst reiatsu turning the sky red. Following the instant this happens, all the reiatsu to burst out, all the reiryoku gets sucked back into the Zan changing its shape into the Aku mao no Tatchi

Spoiler:

Handle Length-52in.
Blade Length-42in.
The handle becomes longer becomes a solid maroon color. The brace that holds the blade to the handle still retains it's rectangular shape. A small diamond shaped spear point appears on the top of the handle. It still has the same type of pommel that was on the Shikai form. The blade is just moved to the top where it takes the form of a scythe. A smaller blade begins to stick out on the opposite side of the main blade. *the smaller blade can only be used for basic attacks.*

Attacks
Spoiler:
Namakemono no O Tatchi-King's Touch of Sloth
The King's Touch of Sloth concentrates reiryoku to the point of the blade. When connected with an opponent, the attack is similar to the shikai version but it will attack their entire body causing them to move slower than normal. The effects last over a time period of 10 minutes. This attack can be used multiple times.

Ikari no O Tatchi-King's Touch of Wrath
The King's touch of Wrath concentrates the energy along the edge of blade and when it connects with a target, it sends out energy in a explosion causing massive damage to the target that received the blow.

can also use the normal Touch of Wrath.
Hentai_Bad_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:30 PM
lanif1
Rawr
Ajuukaru

lanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to lanif1 Send a message via Yahoo to lanif1 Send a message via Skype™ to lanif1

I hope that one day we will live in a world without filler...
Old 04-18-2012, 04:55 PM
MxxPwr
Kidoushuu

MxxPwr has a reputation beyond reputeMxxPwr has a reputation beyond reputeMxxPwr has a reputation beyond reputeMxxPwr has a reputation beyond reputeMxxPwr has a reputation beyond reputeMxxPwr has a reputation beyond reputeMxxPwr has a reputation beyond reputeMxxPwr has a reputation beyond reputeMxxPwr has a reputation beyond reputeMxxPwr has a reputation beyond reputeMxxPwr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanif1 View Post
Or clip shows... er, I mean, 'getcha caught up' shows.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:15 PM
lanif1
Rawr
Ajuukaru

lanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond reputelanif1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to lanif1 Send a message via Yahoo to lanif1 Send a message via Skype™ to lanif1

Yaaaaah, screw them catch ups too.
In fact screw the first 5 minuite recaps we get in many of our anime!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Grimmjowned
Noob

Grimmjowned is on the distinguished road
Ulquiorra 1 My many theories.

Personally, I believe Tite to be running out of time (Not dying) Just saying that look how close the mange is getting to the anime and look how long it takes to release just one episode. Sure, you could argue with fillers, but maybe he's also run out of ideas that could help build up to this most amazing arc in the manga before another filler puts us down and makes us want to quit the series. Or he hates fillers too. I mean, how many people honestly thought the Bounts were cool? no one? Same.
Now he could also just want to take a break. Work reasons or actually making the year gaps in the story realistic by doing this in real-time too. Maybe he'll continue with the same characters in another year or perhaps completely new characters that run into the old/originals.
However if he actually does finish Bleach, it will be a waste to this brilliant new arc that actually reawakened the series. I mean it's good, it has an awesome storyline, new characters that seem OP (Over Powered) But not by an insane amount and with great understanding. I like it. But if he does, we'll just have to accept it and thank him for his time. Bleach was ever so close to overstaying it's welcome and maybe Tite felt the same.
Just my opinions on the matter :)
Grimmjowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Jammy64
Civillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanif1 View Post
We all do, unfortunately that idealistic desire isn't feasible without some compromise (i.e. reducing the rate at which new anime episodes are released)
Jammy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:11 PM
CptRumGuy
Academy Student

CptRumGuy is just really niceCptRumGuy is just really niceCptRumGuy is just really niceCptRumGuy is just really niceCptRumGuy is just really nice

You guys are right in your reasons about why fillers suck. I agree. However, that is why I actually rather enjoyed the last filler arc (the Reigai thing). Also the Zan arc to some degree, but mostly the Reigai arc. That arc seemed to finally grasp that the only good thing a filler can do is make some fucking awesome fight scenes without manga panels holding back their imagination. They seemed to realize that any plot you come up with for a filler arc will always be totally meaningless since the status quo will ALWAYS be restored by the end.

The Reigai arc kept me watching through the entire thing simply because I wanted to see what amazing fights they would dish out next. Admittedly, the ending was a bit disappointing and rushed, but otherwise I was pretty impressed for what a filler arc was able to pull off. Even the bullshit plot was tolerable because it was rooted in canon ideas and concepts, namely the mod souls. Rather than something like the Bounts which were pulled right out of someone's hairy ass.

Also the villain in the Reigai arc I thought was pretty cool with a good voice actor. And they didn't pussyfoot around with making it a big mystery or anything. Just "yeah, he's the villain".

Last edited by CptRumGuy; 04-19-2012 at 06:13 PM
CptRumGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Lilith_Rayne
Soul Society Rebel is Snarky
Kidoushuu

Lilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond reputeLilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond reputeLilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond reputeLilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond reputeLilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond reputeLilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond reputeLilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond reputeLilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond reputeLilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond reputeLilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond reputeLilith_Rayne has a reputation beyond repute

i miss the show....filler and all

Formally Rukia_Kurosaki

My Dragon Scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Lilith_Rayne
Click the Eggs or they'll die

Hatchlings

My Zan:
Tenshi Kaisei *Fire Born Angel*
Spoiler:
Spirit
Spoiler:
Tenshi Kasei's spirit is wild and un-harnessed. She is very much the essence of the flames from which she was born. She is hot tempered and quick to react. Feisty and strong-willed, she fights with reckless abandon. Her world is a cluster of clouds; gray and smokey with flecks of white mixed within. She is in the center of the clouds wrapped in fire that emanates from her very center and flows outward around her

Sealed Form
Spoiler:

In her sealed form Tenshi Kasei is about 18 1/2 in long with a blade that is 1 3/8 wide. Her blade in sealed form is 12in. She is solid red, with orange flecks running throughout, to mimic flames * looks very similar to the pic but with flecks of orange throughout and a phoenix inlay instead of a dragon*

Released Form
Spoiler:

In her released form, Tenshi is a katana about 25 1/2 in long, with a blade width of 2in. She is blood red and burnt orange. The colors are that of the flames she represents. The guard is the shape of a phoenix whose red, gold, and orange wings wrap around the handle of the zan, giving the wielders hand(s) some protection. The ribbons coming of the guard at the end of the handle are the same red, gold, and orange colors of the guard. The blade is transforms from a solid object to that of flames upon being released yet it still cuts as if completely whole. Image courtesy of Hentai

Power
Spoiler:
Much like a phoenix, she can temporarily restore life to a recently dead entity. This power is limited to a small number (7 or less) and upon being slain by an enemy, the re-animated lifeform becomes permanently dead and cannot be restored again. However the exception to this is, if the wielder “destroys” the re-animated in a flame, they can become reborn at the wielders command for an indefinite number of times during the battle. Because of this, her power and her wielder's power are directly attached to each other, almost symbiotic of one another. For every life Tenshi Kasei restores, a small bit of her wielder's spirit pressure is used. Since the power is spirit based, Tenshi Kasei can be used to restore the life of any spirit being. However, upon re-animation, their skills and fighting ability is limited and they are essentially puppets of Tenshi Kasei’s wielder

She cannot revive or re-animate anything with a greater spiritual pressure than herself, and she can not use her technique multiple times without break. This allows for setting up perfect “traps” where an enemy believes they have defeated an “army” only to find they haven’t.

Other powers Tenshi Kaisei has are: The ability to heal her Wielder and those near her with her flames. This is strictly at kidou based skill of hers and the wielders joint effort.

Attacks
Spoiler:
Hi in Senrei (Baptism in Fire)
The blade of Tenshi Kasei becomes wrapped in flames which then allows her to destroy a physical beings body to the point where the soul leaves, thus allowing her to then re-animate the ashes for use in combat situations. She can also use this attack to just destroy an enemy without using the resurrection technique. *this release is designed to deceive the enemy by making them think the Zan has been released*

Ansatsusha Tenshi’s (Angel’s Assassination)

Silent attack where Tenshi Kasei can attack from behind with a blade of fire slitting their throats, attack is limited to a 3 use attack because of reiatsu used. Because of the nature of this attack, it is both physically and spiritually draining on her wielder. However, this attack can be used at long distances, allowing her to virtually assassinate her enemy sight unseen. By doing so, she sends out a condensed fire “blast” at her enemy thereby slitting their throats..*Bankai should she achieve it, has no limit on use and severs it's victims head, she would also be able to remove the head of her victim from a distance in Bankai*.
Lilith_Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Koshka_Goddess
it is known
Quincy Master

Koshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeKoshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeKoshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeKoshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeKoshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeKoshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeKoshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeKoshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeKoshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeKoshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeKoshka_Goddess has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Koshka_Goddess

i don't.

Come to the 3rd Division. Because winter is coming.

gifty from da raz-man
Spoiler:

Pimp's Prayer
Spoiler:
"Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch, and guide my pimp hand, and make it STRONG, Lord! So that she might learn a ho's place. Amen."

Spoiler:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Koshka_Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote