Bleach Exile Forums

Seireitei Pub This is a new forum created for all you people interested in talking about news and events.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:53 PM
xTHHxAimiForevr
1st Division: Red Mage
Gillian

xTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to allxTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to allxTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to allxTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to allxTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to allxTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to all
Default Quantum Levitation

Yo gravity. Y u mad tho?
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Spoiler:

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams

"Woman ... I do the best I can do. ... I give you the lint from my pockets. I give you my sweat and my blood. ... We go upstairs in that room at night ... and I fall down on you and try to blast a hole into forever. I get up Monday morning ... find my lunch on the table. I go out. Make my way. Find my strength to carry me through to the next Friday."

Last edited by xTHHxAimiForevr; 10-22-2011 at 12:57 PM
xTHHxAimiForevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Razvan Asakura

Razvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Razvan Asakura

levitating through magnetism is very very very old and gay. you can order desk floating Earth globes off ebay with that "technology". if you want to do it the right way go with pressured/compact air dynamics or pure vibrations.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Razvan Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:54 PM
xTHHxAimiForevr
Gillian

xTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to allxTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to allxTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to allxTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to allxTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to allxTHHxAimiForevr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razvan Asakura View Post
levitating through magnetism is very very very old and gay. you can order desk floating Earth globes off ebay with that "technology". if you want to do it the right way go with pressured/compact air dynamics or pure vibrations.
Dude. those things don't wrap and seal an entire field around the object allowing you to hold it in any position an spin it upside down.

Spoiler:

"Woman ... I do the best I can do. ... I give you the lint from my pockets. I give you my sweat and my blood. ... We go upstairs in that room at night ... and I fall down on you and try to blast a hole into forever. I get up Monday morning ... find my lunch on the table. I go out. Make my way. Find my strength to carry me through to the next Friday."

Last edited by xTHHxAimiForevr; 10-22-2011 at 01:57 PM
Old 10-22-2011, 02:02 PM
xTHHxAimiForevr
Gillian

YouTube Video
I guess you missed him re-positioning the disc at whatever height he wanted an leaving it there. Yeah, real elementary. Besides there aren't many commercialized tracks with superconductors.

EDIT: It's called quantum trapping

Spoiler:

Last edited by xTHHxAimiForevr; 10-22-2011 at 02:10 PM
Old 10-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Razvan Asakura

Razvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond reputeRazvan Asakura has a reputation beyond repute

Look i'll say it in a more detailed post just so you won't think im trollin' you.

here's a paragraph from the wired:
Quote:
This levitation effect is explained by the Meissner effect, which describes how, when a material makes the transition from its normal to its superconducting state, it actively excludes magnetic fields from its interior, leaving only a thin layer on its surface.

When a material is in its superconducting state — which involves very low temperatures — it is strongly diamagnetic. This means that when a magnetic field is externally applied, it will create an equally opposing magnetic field, locking it in place.
First part it explains to you how magnetism works and how it can levitate that low from the superconductor.

And the second part explains how in dynamic/excessive low levels of temperature that it will create an equally "opposing magnetic field and lock it in place" aka lets you manage it in any way you want, like in that video you can play around with it, basically the only discovery that was significant was the fact that they tested it at lower temperatures and found out you can ultimately create an equally opposing force where in the process you can make it levitate. doesn't take a genius to do that. the only thing they had to do was find out how low do they have to go in temperature so you can create an equal opposing force and levitate it.

the rest is just pure magnetism which we already knew since 5th grade.

YouTube Video

Last edited by Razvan Asakura; 10-22-2011 at 02:15 PM
Old 10-22-2011, 02:17 PM
xTHHxAimiForevr
Gillian

Quote:
only discovery that was significant was the fact that they tested it at lower temperatures and found out you can ultimately create an equally opposing force where in the process you can make it levitate.

because finding out something like that is so not a big deal

Oh, and what year is that article?

EDIT: OMFG! What's the fail scale on you right now! That article was made 4 days ago and it features my posted video!
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...um-levitation/

Spoiler:

Last edited by xTHHxAimiForevr; 10-22-2011 at 02:35 PM
Old 10-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Razvan Asakura

This has been known for a veeery long time and places like NASA have probably tested it before decades ahead, at this point it's just a really cool trick that the college students did in the UK. In theory there's like an infinite projects out in the open as far as physics go they just don't have time to do them all. But yea, this is a really cool trick & I can assure you it's been thought of from back when they started working on nanotechnology. You can even look it up.

YouTube Video

Old 10-22-2011, 02:32 PM
xTHHxAimiForevr
Gillian

Quote:
You can even look it up.
Lolz, not the way you can apparently

Spoiler:

Old 10-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Razvan Asakura

i know you probably found the whole story on youtube and thought that floating thingy is really cool and all but seriously, there are like literally billions of better experiments that aren't mass produced or widely known to the public, like for example, how to create mini black holes or how they've found the path where fractals disappear at a certain distance from our dimension, goes into another one and then comes back. etc.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...ctor-fractals/

but yea, the floating magnetic thingy rly genius stuff, thats why it's on every possible tv channel right now. it's rly going to revolutionize our mass production of UFO's in the future. tru dat. keep on levitatin'.

YouTube Video

Old 10-22-2011, 02:47 PM
xTHHxAimiForevr
Gillian

Hellz yeah I'll check em' out (I've seen a SCi Ch. special on fractals), but this isn't exactly "let's derail the thread" time. people were lurking for a minute and couldn't find the decency to post their own two damn cents.

Spoiler:

Last edited by xTHHxAimiForevr; 10-22-2011 at 02:52 PM