Kubo interview Jump festa 2011

Discussion in 'Bleach Manga' started by lanif1, Dec 18, 2011.

?

What did you think of the interview this year?

1. Lame

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Kinda lame

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Meah

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  4. Fairly good

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Great

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +194 / -0
    Kubo appeared during Jump festa during December 2011, his hair was styled differently and he removed his glasses. Kubo answered a few questions and spoke about his manga - Bleach, like he does every year in an interview.

[​IMG]

^ Kubos art on display.

[SP]

Q: Ichigo, Shinigami vs. XCUTION. The whereabouts of the battle?

A: In Ginjou’s design, his appearance came to mind first. Kanji "Go" in name Kuugo was made in pair for Ichigo’s "Go". "Kuugo" was named as an opposite to Ichigo.
    (空吾Kuugo – One who is empty; 一護Ichigo – One who is protecting)

The reaction of the readers for the part where Ginjou betrays them was good. It was large. Ginjou was suspicious from the start, and the readers were feeling ill/doubtful of him, so now that is cleared.

Touchi: Ginjou has always been suspicious and it was a betrayal at a point where I start to think if he was a nakama, so I was surprised.

Ono D: Tsukishima is alone. More than being a nakama to Ginjou and the gang, he’s more of a “business partner”. Seems about to explain and doesn’t.

Kubo: Tsukishima’s solitude is an important point.

Kubo sensei creates powers by their images/impressions.
    Tsukishima’s solitude is a key.
    The book that Tsukishima is reading is “The Return of Aion” by George Kirian
    He thought of it when requested by the anime staff for “even just the cover…”. He thought of a title for a book Tsukishima’s most likely to read.
    Aion (ancient Greek) refers to a period of time, a generation a century, a person’s lifetime.
    Kirian is derived from an actual person.

There’s no meaning to Tsukishima’s name. Tsukishima’s appearance and name came to mind simultaneously. Kubo was originally thinking about a Shinigami "with a beautiful sword". Tsukishima was created many years ago. Perhaps he might have appeared as a Shinigami.

Chapters 477 and 478 are Lost Substitute Shinigami Arc climax. Lost Substitute Shinigami Arc was very gloomy, dark and a tiring story, and Kubo is grateful that fans kept reading.

Q: Why are only those Shinigami came to the Real World?

A:Kubo: Because they are characters who have a strong bond with Ichigo. They must be the ones to come and help Ichigo, no other way around! So that’s that. Though I was hesitating about Ikkaku, haha.

Q. We’ve already get the backgrounds from each members of the XCUTION but can you tell us more about the process how you first created them?

A. While I’m drawing BLEACH among the characters that keeps popping up inside my head there are this group that「Haven’t appeared in soul society or hueco mundo. They belong in the real world」 I picked those who has the best looks be it individually and when being put together as a group then I put them on the manga.

Q. Please tell us more about the change of designs from Ichigo’s Fullbring outfit to his new appearance when he got back his shinigami power.

A . Ichigo’s fullbring outfit was based from the image of tokusatsu heroes that little kids would find it as cool. My goal when designing the fullbring outfit was to give the longtime BLEACH readers in certain age groups feels uneasy and worried, so the “relieved” impact when Ichigo is back in his shihakuso (shinigami robes) can be felt more immensely. At the same time I designed those with 「an outfit that would suits Ginjou far better than Ichigo」in mind.

Q. Some messages for the contestants?

A. There are not many jobs that enables you to make something you truly love in a way that you also love. Being a mangaka is one of those few jobs. Let’s draw with enjoyment, and when you can’t find the enjoyment when drawing then stop because I don’t think readers can enjoy reading something that the author himself didn’t enjoy making it.[/SP]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  2. CptRumGuy

CptRumGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Well that pretty much confirms the end of this arc. Good riddance. And Tsukishima was created years ago??? NO SHIT. (looks for picture of old 4th Squad VC)

Although I admittedly found it just a little interesting that his name has no meaning.

3. KuboSuxNow

KuboSuxNow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / -0
    Yay for the end of this abysmal arc! And yes, Lost Substitute Shinigami Arc was very gloomy. If by gloomy you mean "fucking terrible". Kubo better be damn grateful that people (ie. those that actually pay for Shounen Jump, not us parasites who just read scans) kept reading.

On a side note I poked around for transcript of the interview. Ended up on a site called "death berry". Christ. People actually refer to Kubo as "the Sensei". Unfuckingbelievable.

4. CakeSpoon

CakeSpoon bigger than jesus

Ratings:
    +279 / -0
    Yeah, a massive amount of bleach fans are straight up retarded.

Thus proving that kubo = aizen.

5. Bluke

Bluke A.K.A SuperGeek

Ratings:
    +57 / -0
    Well, Shounen Jump has a lot more than Bleach in it, the thing's the size of a small phone book, even if everyone stopped reading Bleach i'm pretty sure Shounen Jump would still be ok.

6. Hentai_Bad_Guy

Hentai_Bad_Guy PAIN PACKER!!!

Ratings:
    +218 / -0
    Haha good one

But glad this crap train of an arc is going to be over, hated all the new characters, except for Pirate Butler just cause he was a pirate butler.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  7. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / -0
    maybe next arc the chapter threads won't go days without a post

8. Thorin_6

Thorin_6 Espada Numero 6

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    This arc could have been good, but it had poor Xcution.

Pun intended.

9. Herp Pa Derp

Herp Pa Derp Professional Troll

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    All i can say Is finally this arc is over *jumps for joy*

10. Bankai - Ichigo

Bankai - Ichigo Dragon King

Ratings:
    +483 / -0
    Yeah, it's good to know that the arc is going to be over after Chapter 478, but I just hope we get a back-story on Ginjou, Tsukishima, and/or Isshin. Or, maybe the Isshin back-story will be given in the next arc. Looking forward to it either way, though.

11. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +194 / -0
    It seems that even Kubo thought the arc was bad, he admitted it and I agree with what people are saying; it is over now, so rejoice!

The only other thing that Kubo mentioned in that interview is about the creation of Ginjo and Tsuki, It is too bad Kubo never told us anything at all regarding what's comming up next year.

Oh and Kubo also explained why it was the same captains as always which came to help Ichigo against the fullbringers... meah to that.

I was hoping for more information this year tbh, so i'll try to find a bit more later.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  12. pumpkin13

pumpkin13 CAPTAIN BADASS

Ratings:
    +624 / -0
    so this weeks chapter is the end of it? awesome. Or is there a break this week cus of xmas hols? Whoever found a transcript, did he say anything about the next upcoming arc?

13. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +194 / -0
    Because of Tsukis fullbring power, I always thought that Tsukishima was one to have had no friends when he was young, I guess this whole "isolation" thing confirms that, the dude had no friends but thanks to his book of the end fullbring he can make everyone his friend.

We'll probably find out about his isolation in this weeks chapter.

14. KuboSuxNow

KuboSuxNow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / -0
    From what I understand that was about the extent of the interview. The rest of the panel was people masturbating over the voice actors doing skits... :-/

15. IchiRuki08

IchiRuki08 Yay Rukia sama! I'm a

Ratings:
    +344 / -0
    Sensei of fail..ya he's that.. and once again I buy everything bleach, and buy the volumes of Bleach.. so reading scans ahead of time doesnt mean shit. I'm whats called a fan..

Oh so he admited this are was gloomy...awww...gloomy cause Ichigo was sad he didn't get his powers and a arc had new characters show up that end up bad just for the sake to get his powers back.. and after all that they steal it back..and Ichigo's like oh no..cry cry...and Rukia stabs his ass and everythings better.

Then when u have a chance to show what the characters learned...ya nerf that and rush them just to end the arc.

Kubo seriously..write your shit down.. let people read it and fucking give you input. Stop just drawing and winging the fucking story.

Well whats keeping Bleach alive isn't the manga at this point.. its the anime. The manga is just there right now..

16. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / -0
    i agree with lanif

what i read in that little transcript was basically kubo admitting this arc was horrible.

which bodes well for the future. only hope of bleach improving is kubo accepting that this arc was shit and he needs to do better (to retain what he has left, let alone win back people who stopped reading)

17. Herp Pa Derp

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    the pacing of this arc was terrible we coulda been done in november and be in a new arc but nope,the anime is keeping it alive right now my guess is because each episode takes 3-4 chapters and the fight scenes,i expect filler coming right around the corner.

18. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / -0
    yo we heards that you like filler so we put some filler in your filler!

19. Herp Pa Derp

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    fillception...Mother of God *explodes*

20. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / -0
    [​IMG]
    malkovich? malkovich malkovich!

fillervich! fillervich fillervich... fillervich fillervich fillervich! fillervich???? FILLERVICH!!!!