}}The Zanpakutō Guild{{

Discussion in 'Urahara's Shop' started by OminousG, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Sessou

Sessou LIVE/EVIL: Mugenjigoku

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I see...

So a missed opportunity with a Vampire theme turns into a Lighting themed Zan....( I need to go visit the book of Zanpaktous again...) Has anyone done one of those before? Don't forget what has been said about originality. It would suck to find out that everything you described here was already done by somebody else.

2. Bankai - Ichigo

Bankai - Ichigo Dragon King

Ratings:
    +483 / -0
    Furret has a Lightning Crow, but I've read his and even though the theme is certainly similar, I'm sure I can make mine different enough to make it work.

By the way, please don't insult me by saying I haven't read up on vampires. The idea about a vampire able to use lightning attacks was taken from DMC3, but I have actually read a whole bunch of novels and short stories, as well as mangas, about vampires. [In Devil May Cry 3, the boss of Mission 9 is a vampire sorceress who could use lightning-based attacks, Nevan. Originally, my Zanpakutou was a Kidou-type with Lightning and blood based attacks.]

Edit: I'll post the real additions/changes to fix this thing when I get the next official crit, but for now and until then, this is the "final" version: [sp]Name: Kokurairyuu [黒雷龍 (Dark Lightning Dragon (lit. "Black Lightning Dragon"))
    Type: Lightning/Electricity - Full-time Shikai type

Realm and Spirit: [sp]The Realm of Kokurairyuu is a huge, wide, endless, flat plane shrouded in darkness, as it is always nighttime there. There is a faint, eerie glow however, to make it at least a little easier to see. This inner world is almost always ravaged by strong, violent gales and thunderstorms with black and dark blue (dark-blue outline) lightning. That lightning itself is Kokurairyuu and he is everywhere within this Realm, as an almost omnipresent being. (Note: I got the idea to make the Spirit be like this from looking at Raijin, the god of thunder, lightning, and storms in Japanese mythology and Shintoism [I know the form is nothing like his, but at least the storm, thunder, and lightning bits are there]).

As he is made purely of lightning, he is actually able to take virtually any form he wants to (note: this ability does not translated into Shikai or Bankai; it is Kokurairyuu's power alone). Whenever I go into my inner world outside of Bankai, Kokurairyuu would take the form of a huge, magnificent black dragon that seems to be made of black lightning with a dark blue outline. In dragon form, he chooses the form of an Eastern-style Dragon; image (imagine him as made purely of black and blue lightning): [sp][​IMG][/sp]

According to Kokurairyuu himself, he mostly stays in his dragon form, hence his name; whenever he is in this form, though there are still violent winds and rain in the Realm, there is no longer any thunder or lightning (this is why I say that the inner world is "almost always" ravaged by strong, violent winds and thunderstorms). He can create a powerful barrier with his reiatsu that the winds and rain can't penetrate, which he always does whenever I'm there, so that we can carry out conversations in peace.

He can choose himself whether or not the winds hurt me, but it's still more convenient for conversational purposes to make it so that the lightning can't reach me at all; even if it can't hurt me, it can still be annoying having continuously touching or otherwise hitting or flying around me. When I use the Zanpakutou, normally, Kokurairyuu's lightning, being that my spiritual energy itself is black lightning with a dark blue outline, only strengthens and powers me up, unless Kokurairyuu is angry, in which case the lighting would hurt me. But when that happens, since Kokurairyuu himself would die as well if I were to die, a defense mechanism in his mind activates and creates a temporary barrier of lightning around me to protect from any other of Kokurairyuu's lightning that might harm me. Once he calms down, he immediately goes back to making his lightning unable to hurt me, but instead work with me to give me more power, and the "lightning barrier" deactivates.

When we spar, he takes the form of a man wielding a sword that looks the same as his Shikai sword form, and when I visit the inner world in Bankai, there is a noticeable change in the inner world to represent that: the complete lack of thunderstorms due to the fact that, in Bankai, he is permanently in his "human" form, as a master swordsman Spirit that is 6ft in height, has almost no weight due to being lightning, and blue eyes and blue-black hair that reaches down to his waist, hanging loose (untied). In his "human" form, he is dressed in a black samurai get-up, but barefoot. Kokurairyuu is ancient himself, but his "human" form looks to still be in his 20s, and is also seemingly lean and well-built.[/sp]

Sealed Form (before its name was called): A daicho. The hilt of the sword is 5 inches long with a black ray-skin under the hilt-wrapping, which is dark blue. The cross-guard is circular, with a picture of multiple lightning bolts engraved into it. The blade of the sword is 8 inches long, coming out of a black collar. The sheath is dark blue, with the kanji for "lightning" printed on the up-facing part in black color.

Shikai: [sp]Appearance of Shikai: Same nodachi as the Sealed state, except with a slightly wider and 1 and half inch longer dark blue blade coming out of a fitting-sized black collar; the guard is also slightly enlarged to accommodate for the change in the size of the blade and collar, and the necessary changes are also made to the part of the hilt connected to the cross-guard to make it work. It would normally be heavier and harder to wield easily, but as it is my Zanpakutou, and therefore a part of me, it feels light as a feather in my hands.

The sword is worn on the back, encased in a sheath made specifically to fit the blade. The sheath is still of a dark blue color, with the same kanji on it that it had in Sealed Form.

Abilities of Shikai: This Zanpakutou has the power to control lightning and electricity. The blade can be coated in a powerful torrent of black and dark blue (as an outline) lightning. The amount of lightning, as well as the wattage, voltage, and amp measurements can be controlled at will.

Ability 1: Kokurai Dageki [黒雷 あてみ] (Black Lightning Strike): The black lightning mentioned above can either be held on the blade to power the sword swings up with a strong electric charge, or it can be shot at the opponent in however many powerful, huge tendrils of black lightning as I want.

Should the opponent try to block with a bladed or otherwise metallic weapon made of a good conductive material, the said conductive material will act as a lightning rod instead and electrocute the opponent, so if ever possible, it is better dodge the attacks than to try to block them.

This Zanpakutou also has the ability to attract to the lightning coating of the sword any and all electrons in the surrounding atmosphere, as well as anywhere else that electrons can be. It is also possible to electrically charge any particles or molecules that are not normally electrically charged, and use those, such as reishi, air molecules, etc. I can also choose to fire the electricity generated this way while it is still in the air, without having to get it onto the sword.

Ability 1b: Kokurai Dageki Jitai no Ni: Kuroi Arashi [黒雷 あてみ 代表 二: 黒嵐] (Black Lightning Strike Type 2: Black Storm): With this ability, Kokurairyuu creates powerful, violent thunderstorms with black lightning, spreading over a 30 mile radius around both me and the opponent in all directions (gets bigger as needed when fighting multiple opponents).[/sp]

Bankai: [sp]Name of Bankai: Kokurairyuu no Kenshi [黒雷龍 の 剣士] (Dark Lightning Dragon the Master Swordsman)

Appearance of Bankai: In Bankai, the Zanpakutou splits into four parts; two gauntlets that reach up the elbows and two boots that reach up to the knees (these replace the brown samurai-style shoes the Shinigami normally wear). The gauntlets and boots are both dark blue. On the inner part, which is in contact with me, the gauntlets and boots are smooth and firm, comfortable, but on the outside, the part that is not touching me, they are constantly covered in black lightning (the same black lightning with a dark blue outline).

The Bankai also gives the wielder a black samurai outfit similar to the one the Spirit wears in Bankai form. The same sword from the Shikai can be summoned in Bankai, though the sword is now made of electrically charged reishi that are compressed and condensed at the cutting edge and tip, as well as moving at constant high-speeds, to make the blade razor sharp; it is sharper than it was in Shikai.

Abilities of Bankai: The same abilities from the Shikai are carried over and powered up by 10fold. It is now much easier and simpler to generate electricity using the Kokurai Dageki move, though it is uses up a little more reiatsu now, and there is also a lot more lightning and electricity that can be generated and either held onto the blade or fired from mid-air.

This Bankai has two additional attacks;
    Attack 1: Kansei no Shokku [抑 の 打 (Shock Control)]: This ability allows me to, when my fist or blade (when the sword has been summoned) is in contact with the opponent's body, send electrical shocks into said opponent's body and into their brain, in order to gain a degree of control over their body through the nervous system (targets the electrical activities in the brain and the rest of the nervous system). It is impossible to gain full control, as they have their own will which can resist the effects of this technique if their will and reiatsu is strong enough, but depending on how strong or how much stronger (than theirs) my own reiatsu and will are, I can still exert a possibly high level of control over them.

Attack 2: Kuroi Enerugii Wakiokoru [黒 エネルギー 劈く(Dark Energy Burst)]: This is an extremely risky attack that acts as a double-edged sword; it temporarily turns my body into one made of black lightning (hence the "dark energy" part), and the mobility is enhanced so it goes up to lightning speeds. As it's a Shinigami that is using the ability, the risk doesn't come from the speed or the conversion from spirit particles to pure energy; where the risk really comes from is the lightning itself, as the lightning is hurting me, and the longer it stays active, the riskier it is.

When used while the "Type 2" of Kokurai Dageki is in use, it is possible to override and nullify the drawback of this technique by becoming part of the storm. This can be done because I'm able to hold onto that storm and, with Kokurairyuu no Kenshi's help, safe-guard my well-being and sustain the lightning form, both at the same time.[/sp][/sp]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  3. Sessou

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I said this not to discourage you, but to ask you to use caution while creating this one. Also, we're not here to insult you, but to bring attention to issues of concern. And as I've said in the previous post about making it work. If you can make it work within reason, please do. We'll continue to push you to do the best job possible on your Zan. Especially you, B-I.

PS: Furret's Zan is not the only one with Lightning based attacks...

4. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +483 / -0
    I'll try looking, then. Hopefully, there aren't any too similar to what I've got planned.

5. Sessou

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
  6. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +483 / -0
    Similar? Similar doesn't have to mean "same," does it? I'll look at those in a bit, I think there's still a chance I could make mine work. I guess we'll see. I'll post what I'm thinking of here, first, and then go and read up on those Zanpakutou.

I'll spoiler tag it, too, just to be safe: [sp]Sealed State: will stay as a daicho, same appearance and size, but I'll just say that, for a reason that remained unknown until I found out its name and released it, it was really light despite its size. Take out all the conflicting bits in that as well.

Shikai: Form and shape will stay the same, except the build/make will be as follows (this will explain why it's light): the blade is made out of the spirit particles of a special electrically conductive metal/steel (whichever one is better for a blade and can be made more conductive easily--not really sure here if it should be a type of steel or a type of metal) that has also been tampered with to be especially light, but still be able to hold firm and cut its intended target(s). As it's a Zanpakutou, channeling my reiatsu and focusing my resolve and/or killing intent will enforce the blade so it can't break easily unless my resolve is weak or when I'm near death/dying. Blade's metal/steel reishi are also charged with electrical charges, negative on the side facing me, and positive on the cutting edge side, and the two charges are separated by the blade's ridge but can be joined at the tip of the blade and then fired, or they can be kept separate when I want to shoot positive and negative lightning separately. Faint sounds of sparks or electrical current flowing can be heard from the blade.

Due to the light weight of the sword, there's a passive ability that the Zanpakutou has in Shikai; "Lightning Steps". Kokurairyuu sends lightning to my feet to add the speed of lightning to my normal running speed (I use spiritual energy focused at my feet, normally, when I run while in my Shinigami form, and this "Lightning Step" ability gives lightning-speed boosts to that). I can't use Shunpo with Lighting Steps.

I'll take away the lightning coating but leave the ability to attract and/or use electrons in the surroundings for attacks. I'll save the ability to convert non-electrically charged particles to electrically charged ones for Bankai.

Because the blade is practically made of lighting (in a sense), I can send tiny electrical shocks to the opponent to stop the movement of one of their limbs. If the opponent is on the same level as me or just 5x more powerful, it'll work more effectively, but if the opponent is any more powerful, it'll be possible for them to resist the effects if they have a strong enough will power and/or can flex their reiatsu to break free. Even if the more powerful foe doesn't do neither of those, the effects will still only lost for a very limited time compared to when it's used against a weaker opponent. Static electricity can also be used with this ability whenever needed (not for paralysis effects, though--more for the "stickiness").

The rest of the "Lightning Strike" move will be the same, but I'll move the Kuroi Arashi one to Bankai and increase the range of the attack to one of a 50 meter radius instead of where it is now.

Bankai: Same as now, pretty much, except I'll add to it the stuff I'd take out of Shikai and move to Bankai, and the gauntlets and boots are now also made of the same material as the blade in Shikai, and tampered with the same way as well. The sword will be constantly there instead of needing to be summoned, too. When Kokurairyuu is mad enough that the lightning could hurt me, the defensive mechanism for protecting me that activates will create an insulated material under the gauntlets boots so that the lightning can't get to me, which will go away once Kokurairyuu calms down.

I'll take the risk away from the Dark Energy Burst move, but keep the ability fuse with the "Kuroi Arashi" when it's active, and the drain on the reiatsu will be high, so I'll have to end the fight quick after activating the Dark Energy Burst move, whether I fuse with the "Storm" or not.

Lightning Steps can, of course, also be used, though the boost is greater. In Shikai, I could move 5x faster than lightning even without Shunpo (and I of course still can't use Shunpo with it), but in Bankai, that amount is doubled. It's possible to use Shunpo with Lightning Steps when "Dark Energy Burst" is active. It's taxing to use Shunpo with it though, as using it will make it so that I can't use Lightning Steps again for 5 minutes or more, depending on how long I kept the ability up for while using Shunpo+Lightning Steps.[/sp]

Alright, that's that. Let me know what you think. If you haven't already, please do read the latest version of my Zanpakutou (I posted it and said it's the "final" version for now) before reading any of the above. It'll make things a little easier, probably.

Here is the aforementioned version of it again, if you don't want to bother looking anywhere other than at this post: [sp]Name: Kokurairyuu [黒雷龍 (Dark Lightning Dragon (lit. "Black Lightning Dragon"))

Realm and Spirit: [sp]The Realm of Kokurairyuu is a huge, wide, endless, flat plane shrouded in darkness, as it is always nighttime there. There is a faint, eerie glow however, to make it at least a little easier to see. This inner world is almost always ravaged by strong, violent gales and thunderstorms with black and dark blue (dark-blue outline) lightning. That lightning itself is Kokurairyuu and he is everywhere within this Realm, as an almost omnipresent being. (Note: I got the idea to make the Spirit be like this from looking at Raijin, the god of thunder, lightning, and storms in Japanese mythology and Shintoism [I know the form is nothing like his, but at least the storm, thunder, and lightning bits are there]).

As he is made purely of lightning, he is actually able to take virtually any form he wants to (note: this ability does not translated into Shikai or Bankai; it is Kokurairyuu's power alone). Whenever I go into my inner world outside of Bankai, Kokurairyuu would take the form of a huge, magnificent black dragon that seems to be made of black lightning with a dark blue outline. In dragon form, he chooses the form of an Eastern-style Dragon; image (imagine him as made purely of black and blue lightning): [sp][​IMG][/sp]

According to Kokurairyuu himself, he mostly stays in his dragon form, hence his name; whenever he is in this form, though there are still violent winds and rain in the Realm, there is no longer any thunder or lightning (this is why I say that the inner world is "almost always" ravaged by strong, violent winds and thunderstorms). He can create a powerful barrier with his reiatsu that the winds and rain can't penetrate, which he always does whenever I'm there, so that we can carry out conversations in peace.

He can choose himself whether or not the winds hurt me, but it's still more convenient for conversational purposes to make it so that the lightning can't reach me at all; even if it can't hurt me, it can still be annoying having continuously touching or otherwise hitting or flying around me. When I use the Zanpakutou, normally, Kokurairyuu's lightning, being that my spiritual energy itself is black lightning with a dark blue outline, only strengthens and powers me up, unless Kokurairyuu is angry, in which case the lighting would hurt me. But when that happens, since Kokurairyuu himself would die as well if I were to die, a defense mechanism in his mind activates and creates a temporary barrier of lightning around me to protect from any other of Kokurairyuu's lightning that might harm me. Once he calms down, he immediately goes back to making his lightning unable to hurt me, but instead work with me to give me more power, and the "lightning barrier" deactivates.

When we spar, he takes the form of a man wielding a sword that looks the same as his Shikai sword form, and when I visit the inner world in Bankai, there is a noticeable change in the inner world to represent that: the complete lack of thunderstorms due to the fact that, in Bankai, he is permanently in his "human" form, as a master swordsman Spirit that is 6ft in height, has almost no weight due to being lightning, and blue eyes and blue-black hair that reaches down to his waist, hanging loose (untied). In his "human" form, he is dressed in a black samurai get-up, but barefoot. Kokurairyuu is ancient himself, but his "human" form looks to still be in his 20s, and is also seemingly lean and well-built.[/sp]

Sealed Form (before its name was called): A daicho. The hilt of the sword is 5 inches long with a black ray-skin under the hilt-wrapping, which is dark blue. The cross-guard is circular, with a picture of multiple lightning bolts engraved into it. The blade of the sword is 8 inches long, coming out of a black collar. The sheath is dark blue, with the kanji for "lightning" printed on the up-facing part in black color.

Shikai: [sp]Appearance of Shikai: Same nodachi as the Sealed state, except with a slightly wider and 1 and half inch longer dark blue blade coming out of a fitting-sized black collar; the guard is also slightly enlarged to accommodate for the change in the size of the blade and collar, and the necessary changes are also made to the part of the hilt connected to the cross-guard to make it work. It would normally be heavier and harder to wield easily, but as it is my Zanpakutou, and therefore a part of me, it feels light as a feather in my hands.

The sword is worn on the back, encased in a sheath made specifically to fit the blade. The sheath is still of a dark blue color, with the same kanji on it that it had in Sealed Form.

Abilities of Shikai: This Zanpakutou has the power to control lightning and electricity. The blade can be coated in a powerful torrent of black and dark blue (as an outline) lightning. The amount of lightning, as well as the wattage, voltage, and amp measurements can be controlled at will.

Ability 1: Kokurai Dageki [黒雷 あてみ] (Black Lightning Strike): The black lightning mentioned above can either be held on the blade to power the sword swings up with a strong electric charge, or it can be shot at the opponent in however many powerful, huge tendrils of black lightning as I want.

Should the opponent try to block with a bladed or otherwise metallic weapon made of a good conductive material, the said conductive material will act as a lightning rod instead and electrocute the opponent, so if ever possible, it is better dodge the attacks than to try to block them.

This Zanpakutou also has the ability to attract to the lightning coating of the sword any and all electrons in the surrounding atmosphere, as well as anywhere else that electrons can be. It is also possible to electrically charge any particles or molecules that are not normally electrically charged, and use those, such as reishi, air molecules, etc. I can also choose to fire the electricity generated this way while it is still in the air, without having to get it onto the sword.

Ability 1b: Kokurai Dageki Jitai no Ni: Kuroi Arashi [黒雷 あてみ 代表 二: 黒嵐] (Black Lightning Strike Type 2: Black Storm): With this ability, Kokurairyuu creates powerful, violent thunderstorms with black lightning, spreading over a 30 mile radius around both me and the opponent in all directions (gets bigger as needed when fighting multiple opponents).[/sp]

Bankai: [sp]Name of Bankai: Kokurairyuu no Kenshi [黒雷龍 の 剣士] (Dark Lightning Dragon the Master Swordsman)

Appearance of Bankai: In Bankai, the Zanpakutou splits into four parts; two gauntlets that reach up the elbows and two boots that reach up to the knees (these replace the brown samurai-style shoes the Shinigami normally wear). The gauntlets and boots are both dark blue. On the inner part, which is in contact with me, the gauntlets and boots are smooth and firm, comfortable, but on the outside, the part that is not touching me, they are constantly covered in black lightning (the same black lightning with a dark blue outline).

The Bankai also gives the wielder a black samurai outfit similar to the one the Spirit wears in Bankai form. The same sword from the Shikai can be summoned in Bankai, though the sword is now made of electrically charged reishi that are compressed and condensed at the cutting edge and tip, as well as moving at constant high-speeds, to make the blade razor sharp; it is sharper than it was in Shikai.

Abilities of Bankai: The same abilities from the Shikai are carried over and powered up by 10fold. It is now much easier and simpler to generate electricity using the Kokurai Dageki move, though it is uses up a little more reiatsu now, and there is also a lot more lightning and electricity that can be generated and either held onto the blade or fired from mid-air.

Attack 1: Kansei no Shokku [抑 の 打 (Shock Control)]: This ability allows me to, when my fist or blade (when the sword has been summoned) is in contact with the opponent's body, send electrical shocks into said opponent's body and into their brain, in order to gain a degree of control over their body through the nervous system (targets the electrical activities in the brain and the rest of the nervous system). It is impossible to gain full control, as they have their own will which can resist the effects of this technique if their will and reiatsu is strong enough, but depending on how strong or how much stronger (than theirs) my own reiatsu and will are, I can still exert a possibly high level of control over them.

Attack 2: Kuroi Enerugii Wakiokoru [黒 エネルギー 劈く(Dark Energy Burst)]: This is an extremely risky attack that acts as a double-edged sword; it temporarily turns my body into one made of black lightning (hence the "dark energy" part), and the mobility is enhanced so it goes up to lightning speeds. As it's a Shinigami that is using the ability, the risk doesn't come from the speed or the conversion from spirit particles to pure energy; where the risk really comes from is the lightning itself, as the lightning is hurting me, and the longer it stays active, the riskier it is.

When used while the "Type 2" of Kokurai Dageki is in use, it is possible to override and nullify the drawback of this technique by becoming part of the storm. This can be done because I'm able to hold onto that storm and, with Kokurairyuu no Kenshi's help, safe-guard my well-being and sustain the lightning form, both at the same time.[/sp][/sp]

Where can I read up on Lurch's L-1000? It's not in his Sig anymore, and the link in Shadow Reaper's archive goes to the first page of this thread (and L-1000 isn't on the first page). I've read it before, yes, but I need to refresh my memory and see if there's anything exactly the same between mine and that one that could get in my way.

Edit: I guess I'll have to take out the static electricity or make it different from how +Ink's Yuushitsu Kuukuu uses it; the electricity on the blade, as well as the humming noise, seem a bit too similar to mine, so I'll have to do something about that, too, I guess. I hope I can make it pass by making it a bit different from +Ink's.

I'll read more and then get back to you.

7. OminousG

OminousG The Don Mega™

Ratings:
    +399 / -0
    **Crit re-post** I really have nothing to add to this, I just wanted to make sure this was not lost in the many posts that followed after it.

Hentai_Bad_Guy's
    As you might have guessed, fix the grammatical errors and flesh out descriptions. I'm sure everything else will fall into place.

8. Hentai_Bad_Guy

Hentai_Bad_Guy PAIN PACKER!!!

Ratings:
    +218 / -0
    Akuma no Tatchi
    [SP]
    Release Command: Makari deruto sorera ni jigoku no tatchi o ataeru- Come forth and give them a touch of hell

The Spirit of Akuma no Tatchi
    [SP][​IMG]

Inner world
    [SP]The sky has a red glow to it with no sun or clouds in sight. The air has an eery chill to it; almost making me not want to breathe. The landscape is an open flat area surrounded by narrow,and jagged looking mountains with no way to climb or even see over. In the center is a massive throne where I can usually find Akuma no Tatchi sitting.[/SP][/SP]

Sealed
    [SP][​IMG]
    Standard Katana Length- 42in.
    The wrapping is maroon with 2 tassels hanging on the top side of the handle. The tsuba (Pommel) is a made of silver and an odd black colored metal on top of the black metal is a jewel that is yellow. The guard is in rectangular and has two images of a demons, right hand.The sheath is also a maroon color. The sheath also has steel cap on the end that is angled and sharpened which allows it to be used as a weapon if needed. The blade is a standard katana blade that is made out of the black metal used in the pommel.[/SP]

Shikai
    [SP][​IMG]
    Handle length-12in.
    Blade length- 42in.
    The wrapping on the handle is maroon, has the same tassels hanging on the handle. The tsuba is longer and has more of the black metal spread out with silver inlays around it and has a large round yellow jewel on top. The hand guard is still rectangular but has 2 points that stick out on the top and bottom sides. the points have somewhat of an edge. The blade resembles the blade of a scythe and is made out of the black metal.

Attacks
    [SP]Namakemono no Tatchi-Touch of Sloth
    the Touch of Sloth concentrates reiryoku to the very tip of the blade. When the blade connects with an opponent's arm or leg, that part begins to move a lot slower than it normally would. If my Zan touches an opponent in the torso area the Touch of Sloth will randomly attack a limb of it's choosing. The effects of the Touch of Sloth last for around 15 minutes. After striking a limb more than once, the time which it lasts will decrease by 1 minute after every strike to the opponent.

Ikari no Tatchi-Touch of Wrath
    The Touch of Wrath concentrates reiryoku along the edge of the blade and when it connects with target, it releases the energy as a small explosion that damages the limb it made contact with. The explosion is enough to knock the opponent off balance. It will not destroy the limb, but will do damage. It could be compared to the damage done by a Bala. The blade has to connect with the target or the attack won't work [/SP][/SP]

Bankai
    Aku mao no Tatchi- The Devil King's Touch

When my Bankai is activated a faint laugh can be heard coming from my Zan as I let go of the handle. It begins to levitate then with a burst reiatsu turning the sky red. Following the instant this happens, all the reiatsu to burst out, all the reiryoku gets sucked back into the Zan changing its shape into the Aku mao no Tatchi

[SP][​IMG]
    Handle Length-52in.
    Blade Length-42in.
    The handle becomes longer becomes a solid maroon color. The brace that holds the blade to the handle still retains it's rectangular shape. A small diamond shaped spear point appears on the top of the handle. It still has the same type of pommel that was on the Shikai form. The blade is just moved to the top where it takes the form of a scythe. A smaller blade begins to stick out on the opposite side of the main blade. *the smaller blade can only be used for basic attacks.*

Attacks
    [SP]Namakemono no O Tatchi-King's Touch of Sloth
    The King's Touch of Sloth concentrates reiryoku to the point of the blade. When connected with an opponent, the attack is similar to the shikai version but it will attack their entire body causing them to move slower than normal. The effects last over a time period of 10 minutes. This attack can be used multiple times.

Ikari no O Tatchi-King's Touch of Wrath
    The King's touch of Wrath concentrates the energy along the edge of blade and when it connects with a target, it sends out energy in a explosion causing massive damage to the target that received the blow.

can also use the normal Touch of Wrath.[/SP][/SP][/SP]

9. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +483 / -0
    @Sessou: I'm sorry if my previous post on here is a bit too much to read, but still, I'm serious about this Zanpakutō and I need help. This is probably a bit much as well, but please bear with me.

I'll put the stuff in a spoiler tag now: [sp]Anyway, there are some similarities mine would get other Electricity/Lightning types that can't be helped, right? I think it'd be good to keep those in mind and make mine different enough to make it work. And as for the static electricity, I could either take it out completely, or just do something with it that's a little different from what others have done (if possible) [Wait, never mind--the fact that I'm using lightning pretty much already means I'm using static electricity; "lightning is a discharge of static electricity," (taken from Wikipedia).]

I could also make the Shikai only have electrical/lightning type attacks that are close- to mid-range, with Bankai magnifying the scope and giving me mid- to long-range attacks, and allowing me to also use the Shikai attacks as long-range ones when needed. I'll bring in the concept of AC and DC power, if I can get help as to how I could work that into a Zanpakutō, and also the concept of "electrical feedback" (getting hurt by the shock from my own lightning, which would lessen to the point of being almost non-existent in Bankai). In Bankai, I'm also thinking of being able to control the path of the current in my ranged attacks, to make it attack any and/or every which way possible/imaginable, and to also make it attack from multiple different directions at once if and/or whenever needed.

I'm thinking of also making an attack in Bankai that would turn the blade into pure lightning (it wouldn't be just conductive material reishi with an electric charge anymore, it'd actually become nothing but pure electrons and protons, to make it possible for me to have more lightning on the sword) and control the path of that lightning, to make it attack the opponent. I could add this attack or not, but either way, the Bankai would still have a lot more lightning compared to the Shikai, as the sword's blade in Bankai would have a stronger electrical charge and potential voltage to begin with.

I hope I don't have to scrap the whole thing because of the similarities with other Zanpakutō; it can hopefully pass with some work. I guess we'll see.[/sp]

Edit: Since I was once again able to find the "ō" character in my Character Map, I've fixed the way I'd ended the word "zanpakutō" in the Zanpakutō Info in my Sig. And I also noticed that the Shikai appearance description still had "nodachi" there instead of "daicho," so I fixed that, too. Now I need to go in and replace the "ryuu" with "ryū".

Also, since there are electrons, protons, and neutrons in every atom in existence, I should be able to use those to generate electricity, too. Maybe I should put a limitation in the Shikai and remove the limitation when I'm in Bankai mode. That'd be good.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  10. OminousG

OminousG The Don Mega™

Ratings:
    +399 / -0
    Hentai_Bad_Guy's Devil King is once again at my fullest crit at the moment.

Lilith, I'm going to review yours next.

11. TweedyTL

TweedyTL The Legend

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Thanks for the advice and structuring OG. It's been a while since I tried forging a zanpakuto, I still remember creating Naki Tenshi fondly. I'm currently quite busy with exams, but I'll try to get round to forging this, it's a good test of creative abilities.

lasers:
    [sp]As for the lasers; lasers are really just a concentrated beam of high-energy electro-magnetic rays. A zanpakuto that manipulates electro-magnetism would also control electro-magnetic waves, with includes light. Freely manipulating light would probably be OP and too technical though, so I may stick to 'firing a super-concentrated beam of light' as far as EM-waves go.[/sp]

Overall look:
    [sp]I'm leaning towards a 'dashing swordsman' look for my bankai; sword, shield and electric shoes which increase users speed. Said shoes can leave a trail of electricity behind them, so if I circle my opponents they are left trapped in a ring of electricity, and generally the more I move the more dangerous the area becomes.[/sp]

As an aside, Naki Tenshi (Weeping Angel) is the zanpakuto that most relates to myself, in terms of abilities and personality. Description in my signature. The bankai phrase Omoi Risu, Kokoro Risu (Fractured Mind, Fractured Heart) may become my next tattoo, although I still need to think about it and find some nice caligraphy for it.

12. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +483 / -0
    Thanks for the explanation on the lasers, and yeah, if that's the case, you can keep them; just do whatever you have to in order to keep it from getting too haxx. [This next little tidbit is only for spell-check correction or whatnot:] You don't need to hyphenate electro and magnetism, seeing as it can be written as one whole word; look it up in a dictionary if you need to, but yeah, electromagnetism, as a whole word, does exist.

Anyway, about the electric shoes--look in the first of the last two posts I've got on here. I've already been thinking of doing something similar to your speed increase through electric shoes idea, so if you want to keep it, would you please consider making it a bit more different from mine? Unless they can both pass as they are.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  13. OminousG

OminousG The Don Mega™

Ratings:
    +399 / -0
    Don't think for one second I forgot this awesome zan. Waiting on my crit must have been quite unsatisfying. I do apologize, but I am glad I delayed. I am sure you will come to understand why it was worth the wait.

Lilith_Rayne's Tenshi Kasei
    So much can be done if you push further. Adding fire as an element, exploiting the WTF moment when your opponent is struck by a dead ally, as well as an ultimate attack (yea usually, we don't encourage those at all, let alone this early in forging, but this is a PHOENIX. Its only going to be as powerful as you can forge it.)

My advice? Stay on target and work those themes into one bad ass sword.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  14. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +483 / -0
    I'd actually agree with OG on the flames bit, Lilith. You did a great job staying true to the phoenix's resurrection theme, but a phoenix is of course a fire bird. Have it use fire-based abilities, and not just as part of the effect used in the resurrection technique, either. But yeah, so far, so good.

[I'm a bid ashamed to be having to ask this, but . . . what was my color on here again?]

15. OminousG

OminousG The Don Mega™

Ratings:
    +399 / -0
    The colors were established for the ZanSmiths originally because we crit so much, it helps to differentiate between the original post, and our inline critique. Do as you wish regarding color. Your crit to come this weekend. I'm going to take my time on it as well to give it my best.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  16. Lilith_Rayne

Lilith_Rayne Soul Society Rebel is Snarky

Ratings:
    +97 / -0
    i've just been stuck on a creativity mental block, where she's concerned. Hoping to get some inspiration and finish her up

17. OminousG

OminousG The Don Mega™

Ratings:
    +399 / -0
    ban KAI[sp]
    [/sp] WOW, I am impressed beyond belief B.I. There are A LOT of good things going for this zan. Aside from what I've mentioned about the haxxed out parts and the concepts, I wouldn't stray too far from where you are now. As I mentioned before, this is a great starting point. I highly recommend you address most of the things I pointed out first before adding more.

I'll also message the other masters to have them crit this as well. Not bad. Not bad at all.

interesting:

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  18. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +483 / -0
    Honestly, Getsuga Tenshou never crossed my mind when writing up that first attack in Shikai. I find it a bit odd that you thought of it but I didn't(?).

For the Spirit, my idea was to make it one made of lightning. I hope that going with your suggestion for its dragon form's appearance wouldn't defeat that completely (at least there's still lightning on his entire body). As for the glow, I was thinking to give it a strange kind of "WTF" factor, like, "Hey, wait, how is there a glow?". Eeriness, ne? But yeah, if it really doesn't work that way, then I'll go with the dense storm clouds option for the explanation as to why there's a glow.

[By the way, I did mess up on saying that it's a nodachi; isn't what I'm going for actually a daicho? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.]

And about the electron attraction ability: how about I just limit it to attracting electrons within a 2 inch radius of me in all directions, and also maybe adding a reiatsu limit for how much electricity can be generated. I'll make it more powerful and increase the range and amount of electricity generated and electrons attracted in Bankai.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but, the main reason I'm sticking with this being a Permanent Shikai type, is that I'm finding it hard to come up with a good Release Command that I can have translated into Japanese--or, well, what would be a good phrase for it?

I'll make the corrections you suggested, and take out the things you shouldn't be there (I'll try waiting for your reply first, if that's alright). Thanks for the compliments and crit, by the way. :bigsmile:

Edit: On second thought, I'll make the wording corrections and move the electron attraction bit from Shikai to Bankai (was thinking of doing that for a while now, anyway). Some changes to the Sealed State and the Spirit and Realm description have also been made. Do look at the Shikai and Bankai again as well, though.

Let me know if it's okay for me to make the electron attraction ability in Bankai more powerful and effective. The speed, range, and power of all of the attacks should be higher, too, probably. I'll also maybe move the Black Storm ability to Bankai increase back to that of a 30 mile radius when fighting a single opponent. If that's not too haxx even for Bankai, of course.

Zanpakutō: [sp]Name: Kokurairyū [黒雷龍 (Dark Lightning Dragon (lit. "Black Lightning Dragon"))

Realm and Spirit: [sp]The Realm of Kokurairyū is a huge, wide, endless plain covered with countless craters, gashes, and burn-marks, while also being shrouded in darkness, as it is always nighttime there. There is a faint, eerie glow however, to make it at least a little easier to see. This inner world is almost always ravaged by strong, violent gales and thunderstorms with black lightning that has a dark-blue outline. That lightning itself is Kokurairyū and he is everywhere within this realm, as an almost omnipresent being.

As he is made purely of lightning, he is actually able to take virtually any form he wants to (note: this ability does not translate into Shikai or Bankai; it is Kokurairyū's power alone). Whenever I go into my inner world outside of Bankai, Kokurairyū would take the form of a huge, magnificent black dragon that seems to be made of black lightning with a dark blue outline. In dragon form, he chooses the form of an Eastern-style Dragon; image (imagine him as made purely of black and blue lightning): [sp][​IMG][/sp]

According to Kokurairyū himself, he mostly stays in his dragon form, hence his name. Whenever he is in this form, though there are still violent winds and rain in the Realm, there is no longer any thunder or lightning, as the lightning comes from within him.

The lightning from this Zanpakutō's attacks won't hut me unless Kokurairyū is angry, in which case the lighting would hurt me. But when that happens, since Kokurairyū himself would die as well if I were to die, a defense mechanism in his mind activates and creates a temporary barrier of lightning around me to protect from any other of Kokurairyū's lightning that might harm me. Once he calms down, he immediately goes back to making his lightning unable to hurt me, but instead work with me to give me more power, and the "lightning barrier" deactivates.

When we spar, he takes the form of a man wielding a sword that looks the same as his Shikai sword form, and when I visit the inner world in Bankai, there is a noticeable change in the inner world to represent that: the complete lack of thunderstorms due to the fact that, in Bankai, he is permanently in his "human" form, as a master swordsman Spirit that is 6ft in height, has almost no weight due to being lightning, and blue eyes and blue-black hair that reaches down to his waist, hanging loose (untied). In his "human" form, he is dressed in a black samurai get-up, but barefoot. Kokurairyū is ancient himself, but his "human" form looks to still be in his 20s, and is also seemingly lean and well-built.[/sp]

Shikai: [sp]Appearance of Shikai: Same daicho as the Sealed state, except with a slightly wider and 1 and half inch longer dark blue blade coming out of a fitting-sized black collar; the guard and hilt are also slightly enlarged to accommodate for the change in the size of the blade and collar.

The sword is worn on the back, encased in its sheath. The sheath is still of a dark blue color, with the same kanji on it that it had in Sealed Form.

Abilities of Shikai: This Zanpakutō has the power to control lightning and electricity. The blade can be coated in a powerful torrent of black and dark blue (as an outline) lightning. The amount of lightning, as well as the wattage, voltage, and amp measurements can be controlled at will.

Should the opponent try to block with a bladed or otherwise metallic weapon made of a good conductive material, the said conductive material will act as a lightning rod instead and shock the opponent, so if ever possible, it is better dodge the attacks than to try to block them.

Ability 1b: Kokurai Dageki Jitai no Ni: Kuroi Arashi [黒雷 あてみ 代表 二: 黒嵐] (Black Lightning Strike Type 2: Black Storm): With this ability, Kokurairyū creates powerful, violent thunderstorms with black lightning, spreading over a 1/3 mile radius around both me and the opponent in all directions (proportionately gets bigger as needed when fighting multiple opponents).[/sp]

Bankai: [sp]Name of Bankai: Kokurairyū no Kenshi [黒雷龍 の 剣士] (Dark Lightning Dragon the Master Swordsman)

Appearance of Bankai: In Bankai, the Zanpakutō splits into four parts; two gauntlets that reach up the elbows and two boots that reach up to the knees (these replace the brown samurai-style shoes the Shinigami normally wear). The gauntlets and boots are both dark blue. On the inner part, which is in contact with me, the gauntlets and boots are smooth and firm, comfortable, but on the outside, the part that is not touching me, they are constantly covered in black lightning (the same black lightning with a dark blue outline).

Abilities of Bankai: The same abilities from the Shikai are carried over and powered up by 10fold. In Bankai, this Zanpakutō also has the ability to attract to the lightning coating of the sword a little over half of the electrons in the surrounding atmosphere that are within a 3 to 4 mile radius of me. I can fire the electricity generated this way either from mid-air and/or wherever it was to begin with, or from the sword after having attracted it.

Attack 1: Kansei no Shokku [抑 の 打 (Shock Control)]: This ability allows me to, when my fist or blade (when the sword has been summoned) is in contact with the opponent's body, send electrical shocks into said opponent's body and into their brain, in order to gain a degree of control over their body through the nervous system in order to immobilize them for 2-3 seconds or more, depending on how much reiatsu I use and how strong my will and reiatsu are compared to theirs.

Attack 2: Kuroi Enerugii Wakiokoru [黒 エネルギー 劈く(Dark Energy Burst)]: This attack temporarily turns my body into one made of black lightning (hence the "dark energy" part), and the mobility is enhanced so it goes up to lightning speeds. As it's a Shinigami that is using the ability, the conversion from spirit particles to pure lightning doesn't hurt me.[/sp][/sp]

I'll re-post those suggestions I posted here before for this Zanpakutou, after you or someone else has critted it up to here. It'll also change the "stuff" the blade is made of Shikai, while also making it so that the sword is always there in Bankai rather than having to be summoned. I'll run it through the Guild again before putting it in (I won't if it's rejected, though).

19. thikingofhearts

thikingofhearts Sovereign: America's Heartland

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    Your King has returned and as always.... Crits are in Blue

20. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +483 / -0
    Look up, please.

But other than that . . . I'll still answer; The gauntlets and boots idea is something I hold close to me, so I'd hate to scrap it. And about the Sealed Form being mentioned even though it's a Constant Release Type: I was thinking that it'd have been sealed for some time before having its name called. That's why I thought up a Sealed Form. I did think up a Release Command though, and I've run it through someone at Mangahelpers who knows Japanese. The main reason I went with Constant Release was that I couldn't think of a working Release Command that I could translate into Japanese.

The electron attraction ability was moved to Bankai, but before that it was toned down a bit to Shikai levels. I'll power it back up to what could be thought of as Bankai level, though, later.

If the lightning coating is really too much for Shikai, I could just make the lightning come out of the blade as needed; as a short-range shock attack during swings, and a long-range lighting attack when attacking from a distance. But as I said in my previous post, I'm already thinking of moving the Storm attack to Bankai completely.

I'll re-post those suggestions for this that I mentioned when talking to Sessou about this.
    If the "electrical feedback" concept shouldn't be there, let me know.

Hope it's not too much read.

Edit: I still hadn't updated the version of the Zanpakutou that I have in my Sig, so I'll bring that in here, incorporate OG's crit into it, and move the Storm move to Bankai. Among other changes/subtractions that I can think of.

[sp]Name: Kokurairyū [黒雷龍 (Dark Lightning Dragon (lit. "Black Lightning Dragon"))
    Type: Lightning/Electricity - Constant Release Type

Realm and Spirit: [sp]The Realm of Kokurairyū is a huge, wide, endless plain covered with countless craters, gashes, and burn-marks, while also being shrouded in darkness, as it is always nighttime there. There is a faint, eerie glow however, to make it at least a little easier to see. This inner world is almost always ravaged by strong, violent gales and thunderstorms with black and dark blue (dark-blue outline) lightning. That lightning itself is Kokurairyū and he is everywhere within this Realm, as an almost omnipresent being.

As he is made purely of lightning, he is actually able to take virtually any form he wants to (note: this ability does not translated into Shikai or Bankai; it is Kokurairyū's power alone). Whenever I go into my inner world outside of Bankai, Kokurairyū would take the form of a huge, magnificent black dragon that seems to be made of black lightning with a dark blue outline. In dragon form, he chooses the form of an Eastern-style Dragon; image (imagine him as made purely of black and blue lightning): [sp][​IMG][/sp]

According to Kokurairyū himself, he mostly stays in his dragon form, hence his name. Whenever he is in this form, though there are still violent winds and rain in the realm, there is no longer any thunder or lightning, as it comes from within him.

The lightning from this Zanpakutō's attacks won't hut me unless Kokurairyū is angry, in which case the lighting would hurt me. But when that happens, since Kokurairyū himself would die as well if I were to die, a defense mechanism in his mind activates and creates a temporary barrier of lightning around me to protect from any other of Kokurairyū's lightning that might harm me. Once he calms down, he immediately goes back to making his lightning unable to hurt me, but instead work with me to give me more power, and the "lightning barrier" deactivates.

When we spar, he takes the form of a man wielding a sword that looks the same as his Shikai sword form, and when I visit the inner world in Bankai, there is a noticeable change in the inner world to represent that: the complete lack of thunderstorms due to the fact that, in Bankai, he is permanently in his "human" form, as a master swordsman Spirit that is 6ft in height, has almost no weight due to being lightning, and blue eyes and blue-black hair that reaches down to his waist, hanging loose (untied). In his "human" form, he is dressed in a black samurai get-up, but barefoot. Kokurairyū is ancient himself, but his "human" form looks to still be in his 20s, and is also seemingly lean and well-built.[/sp]

Shikai: [sp]Appearance of Shikai: Same daicho as the Sealed state, except with a slightly wider and 1 and half inch longer dark blue blade coming out of a fitting-sized black collar; the guard is also slightly enlarged to accommodate for the change in the size of the blade and collar.

The sword is worn on the back, encased in its sheath. The sheath is still of a dark blue color, with the same kanji on it that it had in Sealed Form.

Abilities of Shikai: This Zanpakutō has the power to control lightning and electricity. The blade can be coated in a powerful torrent of black and dark blue (as an outline) lightning. The amount of lightning, as well as the wattage, voltage, and amp measurements can be controlled at will.

Should the opponent try to block with a bladed or otherwise metallic weapon made of a good conductive material, the said conductive material will act as a lightning rod instead and shock the opponent, so if ever possible, it is better dodge the attacks than to try to block them.[/sp]

Bankai: [sp]Name of Bankai: Kokurairyū no Kenshi [黒雷龍 の 剣士] (Dark Lightning Dragon the Master Swordsman)

Appearance of Bankai: In Bankai, the Zanpakutō splits into four parts; two gauntlets that reach up the elbows and two boots that reach up to the knees (these replace the brown samurai-style shoes the Shinigami normally wear). The gauntlets and boots are both dark blue. On the inner part, which is in contact with me, the gauntlets and boots are smooth and firm, comfortable, but on the outside, the part that is not touching me, they are constantly covered in black lightning (the same black lightning with a dark blue outline).

Abilities of Bankai: The same abilities from the Shikai are carried over and powered up by 10fold. It is now much easier and simpler to generate electricity using the Kokurai Dageki move, while I also now have ability to attract to the lightning coating of the sword any and all electrons in the surrounding atmosphere, as well as anywhere else that electrons can be, within a 3-4 mile radius of me; atoms can be ionized as needed, as well. I can also choose to fire the electricity generated this way from where it was to begin with, without having to get it onto the sword.

This Bankai has three additional attacks;
    Attack 1: Kansei no Shokku [抑 の 打 (Shock Control)]: This ability allows me to, when my fist or blade (when the sword has been summoned) is in contact with the opponent's body, send electrical shocks into said opponent's body and into their brain, in order to gain a degree of control over their body through the nervous system in order to immobilize them for 2-3 seconds or more, depending on how much reiatsu I use and how strong my will and reiatsu are compared to theirs.

Attack 2: Kuroi Enerugii Wakiokoru [黒 エネルギー 劈く(Dark Energy Burst)]: This is an attack that temporarily turns my body into one made of black lightning (hence the "dark energy" part), and the mobility is enhanced so it goes up to lightning speeds. As it's a Shinigami that is using the ability, there is no pain or risk involved other than the risk from potentially using up too much reiatsu.

Attack 3: Kokurai Dageki Jitai no Ni: Kuroi Arashi [黒雷 あてみ 代表 二: 黒嵐] (Black Lightning Strike Type 2: Black Storm): With this ability, Kokurairyū creates powerful, violent thunderstorms with black lightning, spreading over a 30 mile radius around both me and the opponent in all directions (gets bigger as needed when fighting multiple opponents).[/sp][/sp]

I've moved the Storm move to Bankai, with the 30 mile radius range. The ability to attract electrons is also in Bankai now, but it's limited to a 2-3 mile radius and I am still able to attract any and all electrons from wherever they can be (within that range). I can ionize atoms as needed. Since it's a Bankai I made it very powerful while still trying to keep a limit. The risk from the Dark Energy Burst move is gone, and so is the ability to merge with the Storm move. It's still pretty much the same as in my previous post, just maybe a bit less haxx in Shikai.